Who’s Policing the IT Police?
It’s safe to say that nearly all functions of a modern organization are dependent on technology. That fact, combined with an ever-increasing need to secure access to this technology, has resulted in technology staff assuming the role of “gatekeepers.” But who’s watching the tech folks? This promises to be a thought provoking session that includes discussion on the evolution of technology staff as the “gatekeepers” as well as a look at strategies for managing the risk related to who controls access and just how they do so.
At the completion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the gatekeepers of IT infrastructure
- Understand the risk associated with IT gatekeepers
- Take away one or more strategies to manage this risk
- Sleep better knowing there is a plan to control this risk
- Rick Krepelka, Chief Operations Officer, Golden State Risk Management Authority
- Ritesh Sharma, Manager, Finance and Accounting, Bickmore
- Tuan “Tommy” Le, IT/IS Manager, Washington Schools Risk Management Pool
Moderator: Carl Sandstrom, Business Projects Manager, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority
Interest areas: Finance & Technology, Pool Manager, General Interest