What’s the Secret in the “Secret” Sauce?
Risk sharing pools are frequently mistaken for traditional insurance. What are the similarities and differences; and how do pools educate staff, members, services providers and the public about who we are? And what is the difference between a risk sharing pool with in house staff versus contracted service providers for group administration, claims handling, risk control and other services. How these questions are answered is all a part of the recipes for creating, maintaining and growing your JPA.
At the completion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the difference between traditional insurance and self-insurance
- Identify the benefits of participating in a Risk Pool
- Understand some of the differences between self-administration versus using a third-party administrator
- Rick Jenkins, Director of Member Services, SIA
- Rob Kramer, President, Program Administration, Bickmore
Moderator: Rick Brush – Chief Member Services Officer, CSAC-EIA
Interest areas: JPA Board Member – General Interest