Designing the Perfect Defense to a Dangerous Condition
Several examples of lawsuits alleging dangerous condition of public property will be shared as well as how the public entity strategically managed these claims from the initial investigation, claim response, lawsuit, responsive pleadings, discovery, depositions, dispositive motions, and trial. By exploring specific examples of alleged dangerous conditions the panel will discuss best practices on how to manage these claims and take steps to avoid liability.
At the completion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the tort claims process on dangerous condition claims
- Develop some best practices for investigating dangerous condition claims and preserving evidence
- Learn strategies for litigating dangerous condition claims
- Christie Bodnar Swiss, Esq., Partner; Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
- Michael L. Wroniak, Esq., Partner; Collins Collins Muir + Stewart LLP
Interest areas: JPA Board, Pool Manager, General Interest, Loss Control and Property & Liability.