Dealing with Danger – Strategies to Avoid Liability and Minimize Exposure for Dangerous Conditions of Public Property and Inverse Condemnation Cases
Strategies for risk management to defend dangerous conditions and inverse condemnation cases are essential. Pools need to identify ways to minimize exposure in these cases. The topics to be explored include dangerous conditions, early investigation of claims, training public works and other departments, cutting edge immunities, practice tips and more.
At the completion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Effectively investigate claims early, preserve key evidence and avoid the pitfalls associated with early investigations.
- Identify claims for which early resolution should be considered and understand how to approach resolution.
- Understand and utilize cutting edge immunities in the defense of dangerous condition claims.
- Richard Osman, Partner, Bertrand, Fox, Elliot, Osman & Wenzel
- Michael Wenzel, Partner, Bertrand, Fox, Elliot, Osman & Wenzel
Interest areas: JPA Board, Pool Manager, General Interest, Loss Control, Property & Liability