CAJPA’s Professional Development Committee will review all complete proposals. Final selections will be made by the conference program organizers from those proposals accepted. The deadline for submitting proposals was December 18, 2015 and notification of acceptance will be sent no later than February 12, 2016. CAJPA encourages proposals from single presenters, co-presenters or panels. Our goal is to offer a balanced program of educational sessions by selecting proposals that best fit within the framework of the conference and discuss timely and critical issues and topics. Attendees will be primarily from California-based risk sharing pools offering coverages for workers’ compensation, health, property and liability and excess. Attendees represent cities, counties, special districts and schools.
CAJPA’s expectations for speakers:
- respect CAJPA’s commitment to provide high quality educational sessions by not promoting presenter(s) practices, services or products;
- be responsive to organizers and meet all deadlines;
- keep the session content, audio/visual needs as originally submitted;
- not substitute speakers without permission;
- provide high-quality handouts electronically by deadline.
For selected presenters CAJPA will:
- Provide a complimentary registration for the day of the presentation at the conference, including admission to the exposition, educational programs and social events;
- Give you valuable professional exposure to California’s risk sharing community;
- Provide evaluation scores after the conference if requested.
All topics will be considered by the Professional Development Committee at their first meeting in January 2016. The Committee reserves the right to make the final decision on title, descriptions, speakers and outcomes if your topic is selected.
Thank you for assisting us in this endeavor. Our goal is to give you the best conference possible for 2016
– The Professional Development Committee